At Glendale Springs turn right onto the Trading Post Road which takes you to the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Northwest Trading Post. Turn left (north) and go approx. 2.9 miles to Mile Marker 256 which is located on the left shoulder of the Parkway. As you approach Mile Marker 256, you will see an open field on the left which has Don Bare Road coming up through it and crossing over the Parkway and is the second drive on the right. Turn into the first driveway (on the right; not the road which goes downhill) with the fence and a white mail box with the word "Lodging" on it with a pink pig on the top. Coming up the drive, go left to cabins, and right to go to the lodge or the 2 bedroom cabins.
If you are traveling SOUTH on the Parkway, the mail box will be the second drive on the left just before Mile Marker 256. After you pass Mile Marker 255, look for the open field on your right with Don Bare Road coming through it.
Distances & Travel Times
- 3 miles north of Glendale Springs, at Glendale Springs turn right onto the Trading Post Road which takes you to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Turn left (NORTH) and travel approximately 2.9 miles to Mile Marker 256. As you approach Mile Marker 256, you will see an open field on the left and two driveways on the right. Turn into the driveway with the fence on its left and with a white mail box (with the word "LODGING") and a decrepit animal (a pig) on top. It also has a light on it. Keep circling to the right, as the office is at the lodge.
- 2.9 Miles north of the Northwest Trading Post right at Mile Marker 256 (with a connection to Hwy 16)
- Approx. 10 miles east of Jefferson, from Jefferson take Hwy 88/16 until you cross over the New River. Turn right on Hwy 16. Take the first road to your left (Bare Creek Road) and go to the end. Turn right onto Ebenezer Road which takes you to the Parkway. Turn left and go approx. .7 of a mile to Mile Marker 256. First drive on the right.
- Approx. 12 miles from West Jefferson, Take Hwy 163 all the way to Hwy 16. Turn left on Hwy 16 and go to Glendale Springs. Follow the directions from Glendale Springs above.
- Approx. 30 minutes northwest of North Wilkesboro, Traveling 421N Bypass - after you pass LOWES, turn right onto Hwy 16 (first stoplight after you pass LOWES). Take the exit to the Parkway and turn right (north) The drive way is approx. 5 miles on the right. (See other directions). Or stay on Hwy 16 and go to Glendale Springs. Then follow the directions above.
- 30 minutes northeast of Boone, Leaving Boone, take 421 S/221 N. After you pass the movie theater & shopping center (on your left), you'll go through several stoplights (approx. 10 miles) to a stoplight at a "T" intersection. Turn left following 221 North towards West Jefferson for approx. 3 miles to Idlewild Road. Turn right onto Idlewild Road which will take you to Hwy 163 (Approx. 7.2 miles). Turn right onto Hwy 163 which takes you to Hwy 16 (approx. 1 mile). Turn left on 16 and go to Glendale Springs. Then follow the directions from Glendale Springs above.
- 45 minutes from Appalachian Ski slopes, (see directions from Boone).
- 1 hour from Beech and Sugar Mountain ski slopes, (see directions from Boone).
- 1 hour from the I-77 / Hwy 421 interchange, (see directions from Wilkesboro).
- 1 hour and 45 minutes from Charlotte, I-77 to Hwy 421, (see directions from Wilkesboro).
- 2 hours from Greensboro, (see directions from Wilkesboro).
- 3 hours from Raleigh, (see directions from Wilkesboro).
- 1 hour from Marion, VA and I-81, 53.5 miles from Marion take VA 16 to Jefferson. From Jefferson, take Hwy 88/16 until you cross over the Walt Sheets Bridge on the New River. Turn right on Hwy 16 heading towards Wilkesboro. Take the 1st road to your left (Bare Creek Road) which has the recycling center on the right after you turn and go to the end. Turn right onto Ebenezer Road which takes you to the Parkway. Turn left on to the Parkway and go approx. .7 of a mile to Mile Marker 256. Turn into the first drive on the right with the white mail box.
- 2-1/2 hours from Asheville, NC, 08 miles from Asheville driving I-240E to I-40E to US 70/64 to US 321 to US 221N/421S to Boone and following directions from Boone above.